Hi all! I back with part 2 of my November book haul. As I mentioned in my first haul post, this haul is the result of my library having one of two book sales. So all books still have the stickers on them as I’m not sure how to get rid of them – if you know comment down below, it will be much appreciated!
This post will be mostly picture as I don’t much about these apart form what the blurb say. I will link their Goodread pages down below as they will describe the books better than I can! I will include who recommended books and interesting facts randomly.
Some of these books are 2nd, 3rd or even 4th in their series but sounded interesting enough that I am willing to hunt around for the first book.
On to the books!
- The Slap by Christos Tsiolkas – I picked this one up because I really enjoyed the TV adaptation
- Melting Stones by Tamora Pierce
- The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood – the lovely Jean at Jean Bookishthoughts recommended this one!
- The Jewel Box by Anna Davis – there are a few historical fiction novel set in the 20s in this haul as it is the setting for my own writing project.
- Island of the Swans by Ciji Ware
- An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon
- A Treacherous Likeness by Lynn Shepherd – Alternative title: A Fatal Likeness
- Lady of the English by Elizabeth Chadwick
- The Taker by Alma Katsu
- The Forbidden by F.R. Tallis
- Oscar Wilde and the Nest of Vipers by Gyles Brandreth – this is the fourth in a really interesting series. It is a Sherlock Holmes style novel where author Oscar Wilde is the detective.
- Rules of Civility by Amor Towles
- The Border Lord’s Bride by Bertrice Small – this cover makes me cringe but I’m looking for another novel set in the Scottish Highlands since I loved Outlander so much!
- Angelica by Arthur Phillips – this was the book my brother picked out for me.
That’s all for me for today. Comment down below and let me know if you’ve read any of these and what you thought.
I’ll be back tomorrow with my Top 5 Wednesday. Until then, happy reading!