Hi all! It’s raining and yuck outside so I thought this would be the perfect day to share with you all the books I adopted last month. I will split these books into two sections a) Ones I brought for myself early December and b) those I got either for christmas or with christmas money.
You might notice that a few of these books, mostly the non-fiction, share a specific theme. Well that’s because I need to some serious research for my current writing project. Also if you have any book recommendation fitting to this era please let me know!
This post is going to be mostly pretty pictures so sit back and enjoy the books.
BOOKS I GOT EARLY DECEMBER
- No Matter The Wreckage by Sarah Kay
- The Woman in Black by Susan Hall
- Shadow Study by Maria V. Snyder – This one I was lucky enough to win from Harlequin Teen Australia so thank you very much!
Now all these poetry pamphlets are one I order a while back but arrived in December
- 100 Poems Jen Campbell – This is the final collection of the 100 poems Jen wrote in 48 hours to raise money for the Book Bus. You can no longer buy physical copies but if you’re interested you can read all the poems here.
- Teaching my Mother How to Give Birth by Warsan Shire – I found this poet after the horrid Pairs Attacks as one of her poems when viral. It was beautiful so I knew I had to read more of her work
- The Exhibit by Lauren Eggert-Crowe
CHRISTMAS BOOKS AND ONES BROUGHT WITH CHRISTMAS MONEY
- Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder – Thank you to my little brother for getting me this one!
- Love in a Cold Climate by Nancy Mitford – My mum got of a Blind Date book which is run by an Australian book shop- the middle photos are the clues! Thank you so much Mama! I’m looking forward to this one. I think these are the perfect bookish present and you can even get custom orders made.
- Magnus Chase and the Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan – Thank you to my boyfriend, Nathan, for buying me this one!
- Azincourt by Bernard Cornwell
- The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
- Lost in Translation by Ella Frances Sanders
- The Family Corleone by Ed Falco
- A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray
- The Bazaar of Bad Dreams by Stephen King
- The Dumb House by John Burnside
- Gimson’s Kings & Queens by Andrew Gimson
- The Happy Prince and Other Stories by Oscar Wilde
- The Gracekeepers by Kirsty Logan
- The Kingmaker’s Daughter by Philippa Gregory
So that’s it for this book haul. Comment down below and let me know what books you got for Christmas or in December.
Until next time, happy reading!